Author Topic: I love Geology,,,and learning about what I rockhound here in Texas  (Read 6709 times)

sealdaddy

• View Profile
Is it acceptable to post photos, now and then, for members to help me know what they are?

thank you.

Markphoto3

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
  • Cooper
    • View Profile
Re: I love Geology,,,and learning about what I rockhound here in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:21:06 AM »
Look Denney another Texan.  Welcome to the forum and yes it is acceptable to post pictures to help indentify them Tony (Catmandew) is pretty good at it.  Mark

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:03:24 AM »
Thank you, Mark.
Other than llanite and others I hunt, I have a great resource for rocks dredged deep out of the rivers...landscape yard river rock piles.
And although I recognize some, there are many that catch my eye and I bring home to cut into that I don't.
You'd be amazed at what they have at those places.
Have you ever "rockhounded" (LOL) in those?

Here's a photo of just one on my recent "finds":
Oops...I guess I need to have a certain number of posts before I can upload photos. I Hate PhotoBucket and will never use them again.  OK...I'll ask a bunch more questions.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »
Just got back from a hunt.........

I saw this when looking over new members to make sure there were any spammers and answered your question in the introductions.  You can post - you can also upload them to the RHS1 photo gallery - you can find how to do that if you have problems with it in the "HELP DESK" forum..........and you can link to the pics there in the forum.  Have fun with it -- we LIKE pics here.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

sheltie

• VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
Yep, he lives right down the road from me, in a Texas sort of way.  He's been exploring new forums and I wondered if he would find us. 

Welcome to the best forum for hounders, although it is populated primarily by those in the NW.  You're now the SECOND person from TX on the forum but you will find that people go out of their way to help.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »
There's one or two other Texans on the forum.........they just aren't talking lately.  Maybe they will come back when they see there are others from there posting.
Sal

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »
OK, I made an attempt to upload some photos to the cumbersome album set up here.
I have No idea if all 2 are there or not.  Maybe y'all could tell me, please.
They, I think are in my sealdaddy album.
But they are of of just one of many rocks I find at pennies on the pound at Landscape yard river rock piles.

I someone here can help me identify what it is,,,I'll post many more.
If y'all aren't using that resource to supplement your rockhounding, you're missing some really good ones~

Thank you

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:02 AM »
Yep, he lives right down the road from me, in a Texas sort of way.  He's been exploring new forums and I wondered if he would find us. 

Welcome to the best forum for hounders, although it is populated primarily by those in the NW.  You're now the SECOND person from TX on the forum but you will find that people go out of their way to help.

I found you on a search for rockhounding forums.
Others have subsections, but you are dedicated to it here.
I think I'll have fun  ;D

sheltie

• VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »

If y'all aren't using that resource to supplement your rockhounding, you're missing some really good ones~

Thank you

You need to understand something, most of the members of this forum ore from OR, ID, and CA.  There all you have to do is turn around and you'll find a piece of rough that you and I would kill for.  The best hounding I've ever done was in OR.  Hounding Heaven!

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
You need to understand something, most of the members of this forum ore from OR, ID, and CA.  There all you have to do is turn around and you'll find a piece of rough that you and I would kill for.  The best hounding I've ever done was in OR.  Hounding Heaven!

I know, I wish I could visit there.

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:44:22 AM »
Has everyone looked at the photo in my album?
Can anyone here tell me what it is, beside a conglomerate?
A conglomerate of What Material from the bottom of the Llano River?

sheltie

• VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 06:11:17 AM »
Is it just me or has no one else seen any link to these pix?  I don't know where to look for them.

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 06:35:37 AM »
Is it just me or has no one else seen any link to these pix?  I don't know where to look for them.

Sal says I can link the photo to this thread, but I don't know how...Very Cumbersome photo situation here!
Can you look for an album called "sealdaddy"?  It's there, friend~

sealdaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »

Sal says I can link the photo to this thread, but I don't know how...Very Cumbersome photo situation here!
Can you look for an album called "sealdaddy"?  It's there, friend~
OK, let's try what Sal said...
Here is the rock
http://rockhoundstation1.net/cpg133/albums/userpics/normal_mystery_rock_type1.jpg

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 09:12:36 AM »
You hit the URL button instead of the "image" button -  look at the two rows of square Icons above where you post -- the bottom row (right above the smilies)  - the second one from the left looks like a picture frame -
"copy image location" by right clicking on the picture - then you want to hit that second Icon from the left that looks like a picture frame -
Sal