Rockhound Station 1 Ad - Please Click to Support Your FREE Site (All Pages Header)

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prospecting for gold (Panning and Metal detector) in Ontario Canada  (Read 3394 times)
Sparkersss

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »

Hi all. I'm located in Southern Ontario and am asking for helpful info on where in Ontario I might be able to hunt a nugget or two. Some locations for panning would be great also. Thanks!  Grin
HeySal
Rockin'
Administrator
VIP ELITE

WebMistress SW Idaho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »

I would think unless you're going to come into the US - the Michigan Upper Peninsula, that you'd want to start for metal around the S.E. corner of Lake Superior -- but don't quote me on that one.  I know you can find Agates up there on the beaches the same as you can on the  US side -- and if you look at the main menu, there's an Amethyst mine up there, but I'm not sure where.  You would probably be more familiar with the towns  there than I am.   Michigan UP has a little gold and a lot of copper, so it seems there might be some there as well.  Other than that, off the top of my head I'd say take a trip to BC.  They have all sorts of goodies over that way.  On the East - you might try just North of Vermont as well -- over in the areas where 55 hits the US border.  There's gold in the US up there so you've got a pretty good chance that it's on your side of the border, too.

coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

gold claim-Downeyville, ca.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »

Sorry to say but I really don't know anything about gold hunting in Canada, however I did just get an e-mail from my cousin who it talking about a return trip to Cathedral Prov. Park (out of Cawston).B.C. He was there last year and talked to an older fellow who had been panning and sluicing on the creeks there for the last thirteen years (this is in the summer time) and had done fairly well, according to him. My cousin did not see or ask to see what the guy was getting out of the creeks...this is just an fyi and my two cents worth since I don't have more to offer....coldwatergold
kingsleyke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:51:13 AM »

Really informative. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'll go Ontario Canada for a try. I just found that metal detecting is far more difficult that I think. Besides owning a good metal detector, the most important thing is that you should be very patient. Because you will find much more scraps than treasures.
HeySal
Rockin'
Administrator
VIP ELITE

WebMistress SW Idaho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »

If you get the right detector that won't happen.  Some are tuned fine enough that you can just program it to only pick up the metals you are interested in.  They cost like a new car, though.

Pages: [1]
Print

Rockhound Station 1 Ad - Please Click to Support Your FREE Site (Forum Section Pages Footer)

Jump to: