Author Topic: 2 possibles  (Read 1955 times)

keystonecops

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
2 possibles
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
Gonna hit 2 possibles tomorrow. 1) Old house and 2 barns. Hopefully they will let me hunt. They look to be bout late 30s early 40s. 2) Nother old school that's fer sale. Past that drive round the country. Picked up some headphones and I'm gonna run all metal. Hopefully will have some pics 8) Later Clyde

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
Re: 2 possibles
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
People were poor then hope you find something you want the houses which were built in the 1860's to 1920's  esp the 1920's craftsman style houses good luck, have fun!

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:19 AM »
1943 copper penny (not the steel ones) is worth up to $120,000.   The place doesn't need to be older than that to be a very bingo trip.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

keystonecops

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »
People were poor then hope you find something you want the houses which were built in the 1860's to 1920's  esp the 1920's craftsman style houses good luck, have fun!
Sals right Clayton. I joined Treasure Nets forum. One of the guys comments on there made a lot of sense. "Aint the age of house, as much as what may have happened there a 100 years ago. People were poor, but they might have buried a cache because of uncertain times. Shoot when everybody was all worried bout the new millennium, my Dad stashed some money on the farm. He did reclaim it. Later Clyde

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:50 AM »
Clayton - go to your local Hysterical...um Historical Society, and see if you have any old stage stops around - you are looking for old places with outhouses by bars and brothels.  Those old out houses can be full of treasures from the pockets of guys who had had a few too many.
Sal

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
1943 copper penny (not the steel ones) is worth up to $120,000.   The place doesn't need to be older than that to be a very bingo trip.
  That is because they did not make any but a few that year;) 

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 06:28:31 PM »
Clayton - go to your local Hysterical...um Historical Society, and see if you have any old stage stops around - you are looking for old places with outhouses by bars and brothels.  Those old out houses can be full of treasures from the pockets of guys who had had a few too many.
  You mean Clyde ;)   I know where all the old places, are in the valley where I live ;)   Yes Clyde that is true about the age, but its generally easier when the old structures are still standing ;)  Sal that is a good one to hit up, Clyde I will pm ya with a killer way to find anything old anywhere in Salem its a sure shot way to see what everything is old anywhere.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
I have no clue why I mix up the names Clyde and Clayton - it's not like you two look like each other.  Somehow I have a crossed wire there.  At least you two always know who I mean. 

They didn't make that many 1943 pennies because that's the year they made the steel pennies.  Everyone and their brother kept those thinking they'd be worth something.  I have three and I think they're sellable at about a buck apiece.  There's still 1943's floating around, though.............somewhere.  Would NOT hurt my feelings to be the one who stumbled across one.
Sal

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »
BTW Clyde (hey, got it right this time).  If you're going to the Meet this year, there's a stage stop out there (or was one).  Now it's just a really old grave and one from the 1990's but there still might be something under that area somewhere.  Also the remains of a house with a spring by it that I got a nice half round out of.  Probably lot of nails and tin cans.   Just saying.  I'll show ya the areas if you come to the meet They're both right around the corner from the park.
Sal