Author Topic: more about glaciers  (Read 11532 times)

ojhoff

• View Profile
    • Hoffs Rock Shop
more about glaciers
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
More about glaciers in case anyone is interested:  http://www.hymet.com
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:04:57 AM by HeySal »
I'm ojhoff218 on Ebay

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: more about glaciers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 09:10:33 AM »
All his scientific papers are from 2006 and before that.  There's been a lot of change since then. 

Also - who funded the research?  I can't find info on that anywhere. 
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

mikeyrocks

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
Always interested in more knowledge and information.  Also it's closely related and has a large impact on our hobby; never mind the relevance to today's world.  I would like to get back to Alaska and around some of the news areas being exposed to do some hounding.  Never know what the glacier drug down the valley from above.  Sad to realize that people, corporations, gov'ts deny that there isn't anything special going on with climate change.  Ugghhh....damn wealthy politicians and their special interest buddies.  We're going to hell in a hand basket and fast! I feel as radical today as I did in 1969, '70 and '71.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »
Here's a site of climatologists who are NOT funded by political interests and don't put up with editing and number crunching:

www.icecap.us

I would recommend these people's opinions over any that come from people depending on gov for funding.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

Alan Lee

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
Always interested in more knowledge and information.  Also it's closely related and has a large impact on our hobby; never mind the relevance to today's world.  I would like to get back to Alaska and around some of the news areas being exposed to do some hounding.  Never know what the glacier drug down the valley from above.  Sad to realize that people, corporations, gov'ts deny that there isn't anything special going on with climate change.  Ugghhh....damn wealthy politicians and their special interest buddies.  We're going to hell in a hand basket and fast! I feel as radical today as I did in 1969, '70 and '71.

Couldn't have said it better!

~Al~

Alan Lee

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 06:06:32 PM »
Here's a site of climatologists who are NOT funded by political interests and don't put up with editing and number crunching:

www.icecap.us

I would recommend these people's opinions over any that come from people depending on gov for funding.

Sorry Sal but I don't trust sites that are so closely tied to the carbon based energy industry.

~Al~

ojhoff

• View Profile
    • Hoffs Rock Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:22:57 AM »
The author of the the paper accessed by the url I posted (who happens to be my uncle) hasn't worked for the government for years.  He is an independent consultant.  He has been a contributor to discussions on The Cryosphere, an interactive open access journal of the European Geosciences Union, as recently as 2012 and 2013.
I'm ojhoff218 on Ebay