Author Topic: Member map  (Read 1265 times)

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
  • gold claim-Downeyville, ca.
    • View Profile
Member map
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »
Hey everybody....ECS Dave has been a busy guy...check out his last post under "hunting connections"...looks like our map could be up and coming real soon...I sent a message to Sal to see if we needed to kick something in. I imagine any help would be appreicated..will find out and post...coldwatergold

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
Re: Member map
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
Now that our map is up and running anybocy got an idea on how we can add info to the little box that come up when you click on the pin marker???? coldwatergold

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
Bob - members have to do that themselves. They need to go in and fill out their profile info - like location, etc.  Only so much info will show on the map even once they do that, but once someone finds where a member is, they can always contact that member via the personal message feature or just write to them on the forum. Not sure if emails show up for other members on profiles or not - I can see them because I have admin functions, but I don't know if other members can. Still - that's what the personal messaging is for.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
Thanks Sal...coldwatergold

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
Not a problem Bob.  It's frustrating that so few fill out their profiles at least to let us know what state they are in...but then, we have a lot of people here not real familiar with technology.  I suppose  that many will attend to their profiles - and the map - once they get used to how stuff works.
Sal

Bub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:02:40 PM »
Is the member map still a thing? I don't see a red menu bar or map.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »
Is the member map still a thing? I don't see a red menu bar or map.

There isn't one anymore.  We had one but it was linked (third party) and it stopped working - I don't think they are online anymore.  I looked for a map that I could have here that wasn't 3rd party - and couldn't find one.  I might look again sometime for another one, but it won't be soon.  I have other fish to fry first.
Sal