Author Topic: trailer table  (Read 4469 times)

drocknut

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
trailer table
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:49:16 AM »
Hey all, I haven't been posting much but thought I'd post this since I am pretty proud of myself for getting it done before I leave for Quartzsite.
I didn't like the dining table that came with my trailer and wanted to open up the space a little so decided in a moment of insanity to make a work desk for jewelry making or whatever.  I couldn't find one already made that would fit the space so I built a homemade desk out of scrap wood, hinges, screws, and contact paper.  I'm pretty darn proud of myself that I came up with this idea and made it happen.  Now I'll get to try it out in Quartzsite and see if the hard work pays off.  I am no carpenter so this was a challenge for me.
I made it so it would fold up when or if I want to put the original table back in there.  I made three legs because with four it wasn't able to fold up like I wanted because the legs got in each other's way.  Please ignore the duct tape, the darned contact paper didn't want to stick on the underside of the table so I improvised.   It ain't perfect but it will work, I hope.

boxofrocks

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
  • My German rockhound
    • View Profile
Re: trailer table
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
Nice job Diane. You should stop by. I have plenty of work you can do. Really nice work. See ya in Jan.  ;)
Dean
"Integrity - doing the right thing even when there is no one looking."
He who dies with more rocks than Tony wins......:)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »
I agree. Good work.  Now lets see ya go get some really kewl rocks to load it down with.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

drocknut

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:49:12 AM »
Nice job Diane. You should stop by. I have plenty of work you can do. Really nice work. See ya in Jan.  ;)

Thanks.  If I did your work then what would you retired folks have to do, wouldn't want to spoil your fun.  Looking forward to seeing you in January.

drocknut

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 03:50:24 AM »
I agree. Good work.  Now lets see ya go get some really kewl rocks to load it down with.

Thanks Sal.  It's going to be loaded with cabs and such after I get to Quartzsite.