Author Topic: Rice Museum Rock Sale and Fun Raiser July 18, 2015  (Read 3645 times)

• View Profile
Rice Museum Rock Sale and Fun Raiser July 18, 2015
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:36:37 AM »
I got this email from the curator at the Rice Museum (she is in several rock clubs that I belong to here in the Portland area).

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce that the Rice Museum will be having a rock sale and fundraiser on Saturday, July 18th, from 11 AM through 4 PM. We were fortunate to receive a whole donated building that is in the process of  being converted into a new curators' shop, and we need some funds to replace the shop door and make some other upgrades. In the process of cleaning out our old storage area, we got into lots of bins and buckets that haven't seen the light of day in quite some time! The material includes everything listed on the flyer (attached) and then some.

Please note: none of the material comes from the Rice Collection. That aside, however, this is your chance to look over our bins and see if you can spot a special find! The material for sale will probably be of greatest interest to folks who enjoy the lapidary hobby, although there's at least a little something for everyone. (Except for fossils--sorry, critter folks.)

We will also be gratefully accepting monetary donations for outfitting the shop. Donations of $100 or more will be recognized on a donor wall for the shop. The total cost of outfitting the shop is projected to be about $12,000, so every little bit helps.

Please pass this on to your club members and anyone else who might be interested. We look forward to seeing you on July 18!

Leslie G. Moclock | Curator

Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals
26385 NW Groveland Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Museum: 503-647-2418
Cell: 503-809-9217