HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
SPAM
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
We're getting hit pretty heavy by spam since the move to the new server.  I've been cleaning it up as fast as I can and have started to ban even the IPs they come from, so hold tight and just know it will be off real fast if they get on there.

I'm looking for some pluggin that will keep them off, but they're getting past the Askimat to register, so not sure what else I'm going to have to do. 
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »
I got one too. Only one I have gotten except when you were on vacation.  You are really quick on the draw.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
You must have missed the bot that got in here 2 days ago and spit out about 30 posts in just a few minutes.  I've been banning full IPs lately, and I hate to do that.

I have some changes to make to the registration agreement, and then I'll be adding an invisible captcha to keep bots out since nothing I'm doing on this reg is making a difference. After that, I get a spammer and they will be reported to their services.  Done with this daily clean out problem.
Sal

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »
The guy I got was spitting out Russian spam. I got him on his second entry.  I do not understand why they thing anyone is going to hit spam in Russian.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 11:02:41 PM »
Okay - we should be rid of bots now. Spammers will have to register in person, and that' won't go well for them. At all.
Sal