Author Topic: So pissed off I can't see straight.  (Read 80 times)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
So pissed off I can't see straight.
« on: October 17, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
Got to move by december.  My roomie's 40 year old son is getting a divorce and moving in, kids and all. It's a  very small 2 bedroom house.  I'm furious.  Oh well. House hunting.  If I can't find something alone, I'm gonna live in my car.  Had it up to my eyeballs with roommates.  This SUCKS.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

lizziebird

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: So pissed off I can't see straight.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:33 AM »
Ugh, sorry to hear about that.  Roommates can be great, but yes, they can also #$*@@!

I hope you find a great place that you love!

ChatlieB

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:57:30 AM »
I must have missed something, but since she is your roommate, can't you just say "NO" and have her move?

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:58:24 AM »
I must have missed something, but since she is your roommate, can't you just say "NO" and have her move?

It's her house.  I had to move earlier this year when my landlord and friend learned he doesn't have long to live and sold his place to go be with his sweetheart in WA. They both had situations they couldn't move from so she just came down every couple months.....but when he found he was dying, he quit his job so he could spend his last days up there with her.

I told a friend of mine - who has been a friend for about 55 years and she asked me to come up here and live with her (she was alone and splitting bills would be a help for her, too).  So I came up here.  Suddenly her 40 year old son needs a place to live, and now he's bringing all his kids in. So.....she's asked me to move - in the middle of winter, right after I barely just got here, and while I'm having health problems. 

I understand that family comes first - I also understand that it's going to be a major problem to move right now.   I don't know whether I'm more angry at her for demanding a winter move when I was just starting to get my own situation righted, or at myself for trusting her judgement about anything.

That's about it for me and roomies, though.  Some are just bad selfish people - and some are just people who have their own life events going differently than they planned -- but either way, they seem to be able to knock the snot out of a roommates own stability.   Having a roomie makes it easy to move cheaply, but in the long run, they can cost you a lot of headaches and money.
Sal

catmandewe

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
    • Idaho Rock Shop
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 04:15:40 PM »
Cant you advertise for a new place needing a roomate in your area?

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 01:54:21 AM »
Cant you advertise for a new place needing a roomate in your area?

I'm  done with roomies, Tony.  I like having someone else around - but every time something happens in their lives - it jumbles up your own. You also sometimes get in with a real nasty person and really get raked. 

As far as "in this area"?  I wouldn't stay this far West in Oregon ever again.  This climate has not been good for me and I would have had to move anyway -- just not this soon and not before I had my health taken care of.  I'm going to stay in Oregon, though - I'm checking out Klamath, Pendleton, and Vale as first choices, hoping that Klamath has something as I think it will be the best place for me to be.
Sal

catmandewe

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
    • Idaho Rock Shop
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 04:47:40 AM »
Good luck in your search!

Tony

ChatlieB

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »
I am so sorry, Sal, that you are having these troubles. About all I can do for you is pray, which I will do.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
Thanks, Tony.

I am so sorry, Sal, that you are having these troubles. About all I can do for you is pray, which I will do.

Thanks, Charlie.  I'll be okay -- just very ticked off at the timing of this whole thing. 
Sal