Author Topic: Anyone wanna meet up?  (Read 294 times)

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone wanna meet up?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
I am heading to the South Cadys tomorrow after work.

That is a really long way from where you will be.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »
I am heading to the South Cadys tomorrow after work.

That is a really long way from where you will be.

Yeah -- but I'd LIKE to be there, too.  Does that count? 
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 03:50:20 PM »
You will be there in spirit.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 07:41:55 AM »
I've decided to do a NV trip next week.  Don't think I can do a long trip, though so am just gonna do the hwy 80 - two stops, Fernley and Lovelock.........maybe another one or two depending.  Probably will grab a hotel in Fernley. 

Haven't decided the days yet but since nobody has wanted to join me, I guess that doesn't matter any too much.
Sal

Bub

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 06:49:22 AM »
Can you give me information on a Rockhounding club  or contact in the area to get info about where to go while we are out there?

If you do Facebook you might join the NW Rockhounds (on FB). They are having an event the end of May south of Lakeview Oregon (just into CA) for rainbow Obsidian near the sunstone area of Oregon. https://www.facebook.com/events/276234512910422

Oxenkiller

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
I've been so busy with non-rockhound related stuff lately that I haven't really had a chance to get out much.  I did find a few token things in the succor creek area a couple weeks ago but it will be a couple weeks before I can really get out- so that's why I haven't responded (sorry about that.)

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
Sorry all I have been off for awhile, anyways stoneseeker I know oregon better than most, as I go out hounding alot and always exploring.  Pm me and I can hook u up with some sites.  Enjoy your time here P.S. Hollywood ranch in holly ore which is western ore has good varieties of wood all over and it will be closing forever after this summer.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:17 PM »
Good to see ya again, Clayton.

I was gonna leave today, but not feeling good yet after switching pain meds and getting sick from the new ones (got off fast so should feel good enough again soon).
Sal

Bub

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:25 PM »
... P.S. Hollywood ranch in holly ore which is western ore has good varieties of wood all over and it will be closing forever after this summer.

Hollywood Ranch is great for digging wood and their warehouse sales (Sweet Home, OR) have a lot of great stuff. Definitely worth a day or so. That said, they keep having "closing forever" sales and moving the closing forever date back a few months every few months. It could really be the end any one of these times, but, I was fooled twice already and I'm not jumping to any conclusions about fall being the end. The warehouse sales get new stuff from the owner's Indonesian 'operation' and they do have some amazing slabs (and many big chunks of pet. wood).

stoneseeker7

• Fun of the find!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 01:52:29 AM »
Thanks, guess I'll just look on the Internet. I think I remember you hunting for sunstones, can you tell me what area.
Stoneseeker Sue

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 07:01:57 AM »
Thanks, guess I'll just look on the Internet. I think I remember you hunting for sunstones, can you tell me what area.

There isn't too much area that you can look for sunstones - S Oregon. There's a little bit of public land by the fee digs, but it doesn't produce the real colorful stones the digs do. As far as which fee dig is best?  No clue.
Sal

stoneseeker7

• Fun of the find!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 04:56:28 PM »
Thanks

Stoneseeker Sue

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »
Rabbit hills is where the Sunstone is out of plush ore but it will be getting hot over there soon.  Hollywood is good but is spendy unless you get to the sales otherwise you decide.  I am just saying for me I am picky the good wood you got to dig deep.