Author Topic: In this forum, most of the knowledge from where to publish.  (Read 94 times)

Fletchez

• Banned
    • View Profile
I want to know many of the knowledge in this forum to distribute it to the people.

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: In this forum, most of the knowledge from where to publish.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:45:25 PM »
You are going to have to be more clear as to what you are asking. Your question is confusing. 

I assume that English is not your native language.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:14:20 AM »
I am the owner of this forum.  You do not have permission to publish the posts from here.   I expect members to honor copyright laws. 

You might want to look around and find out that we don't publish site info here anyway..............and I'm pretty sure that's what you are after.  People like you are one of the reasons that we don't discuss site directions on the boards. 
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

Oxenkiller

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »
"I want to know many of the knowledge in the forum to distribute it to the people"

So, the Engrish to English translation of this cryptic sentence would be:

"I want the user names and personal info of all the members of this site so I can sell it to spammers and ID thieves; that way other Russian oligarchs like me can get rich off of you clueless Americans."

I really doubt that a Russian (or whatever country he is from; most likely Russia) would be interested in directions to collecting sites, since he doesn't even live in the US anyway- that isn't what he is after.  Banning scammers/spammers like this is absolutely the right thing to do.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:36:58 AM »
That's just as likely as how I saw it, OKr.

If the info is complete enough it can be copied and made into an ebook and sold.  Coming onto a site and just taking the info is copyright infringement.  It happens a lot but I put a stop to that with the no site directions rule.

I'm getting swamped in spammers of all kinds right now, both site and email.  My spam ap is catching around 400 a month.......but I have to do several a day on the site myself lately- which means I have to track the emails, etc, then either let them through or delete or ban the account. I'm getting pages of the crap in my email, too right now.  It's time consuming. 
Sal

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
And by the time I get an email about new members, most of the time, they are already gone. Annie Oakley shoots em down in record time.

OregonBorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
Yeah.... lately on some rock hounding forums on FB people keep asking, "WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE WONDERFUL ROCKS!" So they can go there and vacuum them all up. They want to be able to drive right up, find top quality float to collect and sell on Ebay. Some of us have screamed at them for doing that. I answer questions like, "Where can I find carnelian?" with, "Between Tacoma, Washington and Roseburg Oregon, from the coast Range to the Cascades. Then they get all testy and demand to know why we treat them so harshly! Phuuuut! Another woman wanted to know if there was any tourmaline to be found in Oregon. One guy answered 'Yes' and she got upset and left the group. Poor baby, we were so mean to her. But JHC, people actually want to know where the gold, jade, opal, etc. is and they expect us to post the exact locations. Maybe I will start giving them all directions to the Virgin Valley, NV and let them pop their tires getting in there and then pay $250 to dig for one day (hard labor). Or as others have suggested, give them GPS coordinates to city dump sites.

Hey Sal, what are the coordinates where can I get the best rock in Nevada? <answer, 4046'5.68" N - 11913'7.41" W> ;)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
You should see some of the emails I've gotten over the years DEMANDING that I tell them where a specific site is.  Many of them don't even have the decency to sign up as members here.  I've actually been told by people that they don't want to meet with me - don't care to know me, just want to go get the rocks.  I have passed up having a huge site with a lot of traffic because of my rule that you don't post directions to sites.  I don't care.

When I drive sometimes hundreds (and that has been thousands at times) of miles to hunt rock..........then walk around for sometimes days, sometimes have to go to the area repeated times to get the real cache...then someone gets butt hurt because I don't roll them out a red carpet to the area, tough noogies. 

It completely baffles me to see how self-important, crass, and completely stupid people are becoming. 
Sal

OregonBorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 08:35:04 AM »
Yes, you nailed it with the self-important aspect. The west is getting overcrowded with people that are greedy, inpatient, have no manners, no brains and no sense of anything except themselves. They are the center of the universe, and you are supposed to respond to their every every demand. One of several reasons that I quit the ski patrol on Mt Hood. You save their lives, and the first thing they say is, "I am going to sue!" Fortunately Oregon has Good Samaritan laws that prevent them from suing volunteer first responders. But they try anyway. We had to fill out so much paperwork for every incident that it was getting insane. Never mind the hours of training, risks involved, and dealing with the endlessly demanding public, half if which are drunk or stoned out of their mind.  ::)