Author Topic: NV bound  (Read 181 times)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
NV bound
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
Off again for 3 or 4 days.  Will be in the hills of Nevada hunting for about anything and everything that occurs there.  Beats having dreams about picking up rocks.  I like stuff that's still there when you wake up.

Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

Mark K

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: NV bound
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:45:24 AM »
I have been having those dream lately too.

You wake up and you are like "What the hell is this? Where is all of my stuff?"

And then you go pee.

lizziebird

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:28:03 AM »
Ooh!  Have fun!

I sometimes have great rockhound dreams, where I find some really amazing stuff.  And I never have the problem of "now where am I going to put all this?"

Oxenkiller

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:48:20 AM »
I'm always dreaming about finding outcrops full of colored tourmaline crystals, huge quartz crystals lying all over the ground, piles of perfectly shaped beet-red 24-sided garnets the size of baseballs, or some such impossibly lucky outings.  Sometimes I am on a rock dig somewhere but it's like we are digging inside a house under the floorboards, or in a yard, or something.  Its fun to dream, but more fun when you actually find something like that. 

Too bad you gotta go to Brazil or Pakistan to actually find most of that stuff.

Good luck in Nevada no matter what you do actually find.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
I'm back.  The trip was just what I needed.  4 days of sunshine, as much exercise as I could handle, and the end of a sinus infection and sore throat from the crap air here.  I feel a lot stronger coming back than going out.  And...............I found some good stuff so it was fun working on my  rehabilitation.  I wish I could have afforded another 3 days of it. I'm ready to go back.

I'll get more info and some pics in the gazette soon. 
Sal

lizziebird

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 07:12:14 AM »
Woohoo!  Sounds like a great little getaway.  Clean air, pretty rocks...  :) :) :)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Woohoo!  Sounds like a great little getaway.  Clean air, pretty rocks...  :) :) :)

I love NV so it's always great to be there.  The apache tears were absolutely crazy, though - still sorting them into sizes. Got pounds of them.  It's going to take forever to get them sorted and cleaned up. LOL.  Isn't that making everyone feel sorry for me?
Sal

lizziebird

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »
Awww, poor baby....  (patting on back, with sympathetic expression on face)

What do you do with the Apache tears?

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
Awww, poor baby....  (patting on back, with sympathetic expression on face)

What do you do with the Apache tears?

Some of them I'll use making my trees.  Some ????.  There are a lot of sizes and some I might not use....in which case I'll probably sell them. 

For the next week I'll probably just be sorting them into sizes. LOL
Sal

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
  • gold claim-Downeyville, ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
Hey Sal, I know where you can get about a million more of those tears if you need them.....Coldwatergold

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »
Thanks, Bob.  I know several locations for them -- but not in quantities like this.  This was an old mine that they just tossed all the apache tears into tailings piles.

What's your summer hunting been like this year?  Let me know if you want to go after some of that green jasper if you're gonna be out in Richard's area. If I remember rightly, I owe you one.
Sal

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
  • gold claim-Downeyville, ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 05:56:44 AM »
where you hanging out at these days?

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
where you hanging out at these days?

I'm at my sister's in Stockton until I'm well enough to live on my own again.  As far as hang?  Here mostly.  When I go, I go either to the Mt.s or NV because it's close enough that I have the strength for it.
Sal

RockNRockNRoll

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 06:20:03 AM »
Please let me know if a green jasper trip is planned!  My yellow lab and I would love to drive up and meet you guys.  I am hoping to make another trip to central Nevada later this month or early November for wood and more jaspers.  After I hit the fire agate mine . . .

Geez, so many sites to hit and so little time.   

Went up to Beatty yesterday and explored some of the old mine sites that are discussed in the Rockhounding Nevada book.  We found lots of white and blue/gray quartz and a few small pieces of white marble, nothing too exciting.  But the weather is absolutely beautiful right now and it was nice to be out in the mountains. 

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
My next plans are either further N in CA or the Peterson Mt/Cedarville area. Not sure I'll be going out to that area of NV. Not enough time/money to go everywhere and I want to hit a new place or two before it gets cold.  I'll post before I go so anyone who wants to get in on that trip can coordinate with me..........and............

Since it was you who led me to the apache tears, and I am so elated that a someone new shared instead of just coming in and trying to rake the info just to disappear forever, I'll be glad to get you to the green jasper if you head out that way and I can't make it.  I want this to be a community - just don't want to put info out into the air where it can be used by those who ruin sites for us. I still hope we can get together, sooner rather than later, though.  It will depend on how long the weather holds up, I guess.  There may be someone else here who will want to meet with ya if I can't make it.
Sal