Author Topic: HORNITOS POPPY JASPER  (Read 210 times)

robin trumbull

• View Profile
HORNITOS POPPY JASPER
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:31:53 PM »
HORNITOS POPPY JASPER ..NEW DISCOVERY, 300 POUND VEIN OF  POPPY JASPER NEARLY THE SAME AS MORGAN HILL, ALTHOUGH THIS AREA IS 100 MILES EAST,THE ONLY POPPY JASPER IN SIERRA FOOTHILLS, NEXT TO VOLCANO, ...THE WHITE POPPIES ARE DUE TO RHYOLITE INTRUDING INTO RED SILICA GEL, CRYSTALIZING RADIALLY AROUND THE INTRUDING WHITE RHYOLITE TO GIVE A POPPY FLOWER APPEARANCE..INCREDIBLE PATTERNS USING 40X STEREO SCOPE..I ALSO HAVE SEEN BROWN RADIAL CENTERS, SOMETIMES PYRITE OR CALAVERITE IN THE CENTER, AND SOMETIMES GOLD PRESENT IN SUBSEQUENT QUARTZ VEINS...I HAVE PANNED GOLD OUT OF THE GULLY DRAINING THE JASPER OUTCROPS
THE ORIGINAL HORNITOS POPPY JASPER CAN BE FOUND BE SCREENING THE MINE DUMPS, AND SOMETIMES ONE HUNDRED FEET HIGHER UP THE HILL A PINK BACKGROUND POPPY JASPER IS FOUND...SOLID, MAKES NICE CABS, ALL INVITED, CALL ME FOR A FREE TRIP, USUALLY COORDINATED WITH THE MARIPOSA ROCK CLUB OR AT MY OFFICE  209-722-5308 ROBIN TRUMBULL

Oxenkiller

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP
    • View Profile
Re: HORNITOS POPPY JASPER
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »
I've seen some of that stuff and yeah, it is really nice material- nearly as good as the original stuff from down by San Jose (which is pretty much either mined out or otherwise inacessable.)
No need to "shout" (Type all caps) by the way.