Author Topic: Hello from Pa.!  (Read 38 times)

leh68

• View Profile
Hello from Pa.!
« on: March 14, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
Hi everyone, let me just say the only thing I know about rocks is ,they will bind up the grates on our coal stove lol.  But seriously, I've recently bought a hobby rock tumbler to try and polish some stones that my wife and I had found while visiting our daughter in Tacoma. They're still in process of that. I started to browse around and I'm finding more and more things very interesting, esp. on this forum, things I never really paid attention to while out roaming around. Other than picking those rocks out on the west coast,we've only ever picked up what might be Cape May diamonds while at Cape May N.J. years ago. They haven't been put in the tumbler yet so I really don't know if I have any of those or not yet. I did find what seems to be a very fine polished stone while at the Jersey shore a year ago but I can't find out what it is, so I'm still looking around. So I'm apologizing now for any newbie questions.

catmandewe

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP Elder
    • View Profile
    • Idaho Rock Shop
Re: Hello from Pa.!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:26:49 AM »
Welcome!

Tony

coldwatergold

• BlackRockDesertMeetup
  • VIP ELITE
  • gold claim-Downeyville, ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »
No bad questions here....lots to find out about and explore....Coldwatergold

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:22:40 PM »
Hi, welcome to RHS1. 

I've been at this 35 years or so  now and I don't think there comes a time or level of expertise you can get to and actually run out of questions.  Each mineral is different and some questions are always going to seem just soooo remedial you might be tempted not to ask but do so anyway.  Trust me on that one.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.