Author Topic: Bull Wheel  (Read 1822 times)

boxofrocks

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
  • My German rockhound
    • View Profile
Bull Wheel
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:50:35 AM »
Just got my new Bull Wheel delivered today. Boy, what a piece of equipment. After i got it set up i fired it up. Man, it's almost scary. It sure does make short work of sanding. By the end of today i should have every rock on our property sanded and polished.  :D
Dean
"Integrity - doing the right thing even when there is no one looking."
He who dies with more rocks than Tony wins......:)

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Bull Wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Don't worry, If you run out I'm sure that everyone else will be fine with it if you polish ours, too.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.

rockpuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:04:39 AM »
what brand of bull wheel did you get?

boxofrocks

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
  • My German rockhound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:32 AM »
rockpuppy - From what I understand It's the one and only Bull Wheel.  I got it from Arrowhead Lapidary. It has a 12" disk on one side and a 12" expanding wheel that takes a 4" wide belt. It was $1700 plus shipping. I was worried about spending that much money. Now, I feel it was well worth it. The only issue i have is the 12" disks. So far the only place I have found to get them is Arrowhead Lapidary. they are almost $5 a piece. Plus shipping. Richardson's Ranch makes one that is a little different and less expensive. It doesn't have the two wheels like the Bull Wheel.
Dean
"Integrity - doing the right thing even when there is no one looking."
He who dies with more rocks than Tony wins......:)

CCanfield

• MemCenOR
  • VIP ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:56:20 AM »
Wow hope it works well for you.  I use the richardsons one for some things it works well to polish to a gloss with a warm 280grit.  They do remove the saw marks very very fast thats for sure.  You might try a floor company they might have the larger disks, which they use to re finish floors.  Enjoy

RGB776

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 05:31:33 AM »
I also recently bought a bull wheel, great machine! What is your experience with sanding disc life? I do 36 grit to get rid of saw marks then 80, 220, 400, 600 and final polish. The 36 and 80 grits seem to last a lot longer than the rest. I've finished about 100 stones on it so far and still using my original 36 and 80 grit discs and gone through 5 or 6 of the 220, 400 and 600 discs.

HeySal

• Rockin'
  • Administrator
  • VIP ELITE
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
I also recently bought a bull wheel, great machine! What is your experience with sanding disc life? I do 36 grit to get rid of saw marks then 80, 220, 400, 600 and final polish. The 36 and 80 grits seem to last a lot longer than the rest. I've finished about 100 stones on it so far and still using my original 36 and 80 grit discs and gone through 5 or 6 of the 220, 400 and 600 discs.

I'm sorry - but Dean (boxofrocks) passed away a few months ago.  Hopefully someone else might have ideas.
Sal

Life's Short.  Rock Hard.