Rockhound Station 1 Ad - Please Click to Support Your FREE Site (All Pages Header)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Metal detecting/gold hunting  (Read 5118 times)
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »

Gotcha Sal no Wine:)  Anyways I will give you a PM and call when I have more Available time as I am at work now. I might ask you for some knowledge in the future Coldwater as help is always a good thing, for the lost mine but for now its just going to take some good old prospecting:)  I have a few leads on some good ore and might take up Ricks assayer help as I do not know how to do that, but I do have some gold ore from a new deposit.  It has Sulfur, Pyrites, Iron and serpentine in it so I know its a good bet:)  Anyways I cannot seem to locate the old mining district I have been looking for as of yet but I will next time as I have located the old wagon road:)  Anyways Take care all and stay safe what ever you do-   Clayton   P.S. Coldwater talked to your Family in Ore yet?
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »

Oh yeah and one more thing might be hitting Cali Coldwater as there should be some darn good gold this summer as you guys are getting the weather;)   
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

gold claim-Downeyville, ca.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 08:37:15 PM »

Hey Clayton...I just did talk with my cousin,,,guess what, he says he goes to the Prinville area every year, camps out between post and pulanin...finds  limb casts, pet wood,jasper,geodes-obsiden in reds,snowflake,green,shadow(sheen)?, says he fiound a 6x6 inch limb cast in blue which was very pretty but doesn't know much about the yellow/orange moss agate but he is going to check his sources for info...the gold hunting may be fairly good ths year as the rains have been good but what we need is a good warm rain on the snow pack to really get the creeks cranking...I would love to see this but hate it also as we need the pack for summer. If you have done any reading on sniping, this is what may be the best this summer if we can't dredge, or work with my highbanker. Remember that I have a quarter mile plus of creek area on my claim so maybe some people from the group might want to get together for some days of play on the creek....coldwatergold
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »

Well he must dig like a son of a gun:)  I have been there time and time again and have not been able to find any of those elusive limb casts.  Anyways I have been out on the research lately and wow I have found alot of areas which seem promising for the mother load problem is they are rugged and no roads near by but not the problem here as I will hike into almost anything.  Anyways thanks for the invite to gold country I might take you up on it sometime.  Keep safe out there and the invite is the same for here as well, especially after I make a few claims in the next coming months- Clayton
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »

Just found out yesterday that plp(public lands for the people) is getting a hearing on the injunction we filed against the state fo California on the 14th of Feb...maybe we will get somewhere on our dredging problem,,,,will keep the site posted
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »

Hopefully you will be able to get it going again, I know GPAA has been pushing for the bill to be repealed.  I guess that it all does not go they way we want it then we will all be a mining the 1800's way:) - Clayton
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 11:00:34 PM »

Coldwater I have been getting closer to the lost Cabin mine now I just have to wait until the snow melts but I have a few hot leads;) Anyways they require some good old hiking but keep an eye out here as I just might post some picts of big big gold:)  Take care and enjoy all the weather for us all. - Clayton
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

Clayton, here a a few links to some of the guys videos that I hang around with in the winter time when we are in a gold hunting mood and want company ( I must be a really social kind of guy). You have to highlight the link, copy and paste it in the header to view, I haven't figured out(again) how to make it an active link...coldwatergold  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LiKt1BYPs    and   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqxKiD3qos      if this works I'll faint   coldwatergold
HeySal
Rockin'
Administrator
VIP ELITE

WebMistress SW Idaho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »

Get ready to faint, Bob - the links work.  Not that hard now, was it? 

CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »

Nice guys, I did just click on the link and it worked for me.  Good Gold too, I had a friend who use to be able to sniff gold out of anywhere, however he pased on this last year so I have been a loner for now:(  Thats always nice to have good friends to go with, your hill does not look that steep:)  I have been down more vertical than that hehehehe   Anyways I know why you use the rope tho;)  Thanks for the videos wish I had a area close by here to do that but I have to go 100Mi for that kind of Gold most here is Peon gold or lode gold so the main placers are 100mi away oh well.  Thanks again for the videos Chow - Clayton
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »

Clayton..from looking at a map you aren't so far from Roseburg which isn't very far from Glide where my aunt and uncle used to live, they lived just across the road from the Rogue River.Now i have read where there is nice gold in  the Rogue, have you checked it out? you may find a new spot not too far from you, also my cousin used to climb the hills right behind their house and find good rocks...worth checking out...coldwatergold
CCanfield
MemCenOR
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »

Thanks Coldwater I will have to check the area out for rocks.  Yes there is big big gold in the rogue as my friend had some, however you have to use a big big dredge like your 6" as you have to go down 15 to 20feet to get the good nuggets.  I have spent some time down there prospecting and have had some luck.  I however now found an area which is 100mi closer to me which seems to be a good gold producer.  I am going to go there in a few months and hike down to the creek and give it a go.  I have been to where it meets the road and have had some awesome luck with my 2"  so now its up the canyon 2miles or so where there is no roads.  Anyways what type of rocks were found there?  I have found Quartz/ Calcite there but no luck on much else.  Thanks again for the info - Clayton
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 09:15:53 PM »

Clayton..this is off the gld subject but I think he was finding petrified wood, but there was more than that, he also found an old rifle and knife (stuff from the 1800's)...coldwatergold
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »

O.K. I have been slacking off on the web site responses but spring is a busy time, so much to get ready for, exploring to be done...have ventured out twice in the last month between rain and snow to check out gold producing spots. One is in Georgetown (out of Placerville) and another out of Groveland (on the way to Yosemite), both spots are small streams that only have a trickle of water in summer but with this really wet spring they are still running with enough water to snipe. Both spots have produced gold in pleasing quanities, the Georgetown spot only gave us about 1/2 gram for 6 hours work but shows good potential. The Groveland spot is giving up small chunky nuggets with only a very little flake gold. We recovered about a gram in 5 hours of digging out cracks and running the material thru a small sluice. This creek will dry up completely in a few more weeks but is good for winter and spring hunting. The next few weeks will be used to check out my mining claim in the Downieville area, it's not open to dredging this year but sniping will pay off nicely...will keep site posted as adventures continue...coldwatergold
coldwatergold
BlackRockDesertMeetup
VIP ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »

OK, been sniping in the Georgetown area last week, got some nice little nuggets and did a little exploring, we are headed for the Downieville claim July 6-12th. Since no dredging we will be exploring new areas with our sniping equipment, this is kind of ok because usually we are too busy with the dredge to get out and look for new spots. if anything good turns up we will go back with the highbankers and sluices. Look on the photobucket site and I will post some new gold hunting pictures...coldwatergold
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print

Rockhound Station 1 Ad - Please Click to Support Your FREE Site (Forum Section Pages Footer)

Jump to: